In addition to a written application, the major requirements for admission are:
- A baccalaureate degree in a related field with a GPA of at least 3.0 out of 4.0, with an average of 3.0 in the junior and senior years
- A transcript of all previous academic work
- Acceptable scores on each portion of the GRE or a GMAT score with a minimum score of at least the 85th percentile on the quantitative section
- At least three evaluations from persons familiar with the applicant's professional and/or academic qualifications
- Specific prerequisite course work. See the prerequisite form to find specific descriptions for each of these courses
Early Entry Program
Undergraduate students at UNC Charlotte with outstanding academic performance may be admitted to the Early Entry Program to pursue the M.S. in Mathematical Finance while completing undergraduate degree requirements. Early Entry students may request that credit from four graduate mathematical finance (MAFI) courses be applied to both their graduate and undergraduate programs (double-counting). Contact the Program Director, Dr. Weidong Tian, for further information.
International Student Admission Requirements
For applicants from non-English speaking countries, the following language requirement tests and minimum scores are accepted:
- IELTS, 6.5
- TOEFL, Computer-Based - 220, Internet-Based – 83
Non-native speakers of English may, at the discretion of either the Graduate School or the Program Committee for the M.S. in Mathematical Finance, be required to enroll in English as a Second Language (ESL) courses at the English Language Training Institute at UNC Charlotte.
Forms and Applications
For admissions forms and applications, please visit The Graduate School.
Please send all application materials to:
The Graduate School
The University of North Carolina at Charlotte
Cato 210 Hall
9201 University City Blvd.
Charlotte, N.C. 28223-0001